Open positions, Interships and Theses
PhD position: Molecular mechanism of structured RNAs and nucleic-acid modifying enzymes
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student of chemistry, biochemistry or related subject, enthusiasm for using and developing new techniques and the interpersonal skills to work within a diverse team. Practical experience in protein work or structural biology is a plus but not required.
- functional characterisation and structure determination of RNPs, including viral methyltransferases and polymerases as well as nucleic-acid-based sensors
- molecular and cell biology
- protein biochemistry
- protein X-ray crystallography
We are a young team where your personal contribution makes a difference!
If interested, please send your application in electronic form including your CV, academic transcript, a letter of motivation and the names of two referees to:
Email: sabine.schneider [at] cup.lmu.de
We are always looking for highly motivated Bachelor and Master Students and offer positions for scientific internships and theses (Bachelor, Master, Diploma).
Possible topics/research areas include:
- Protein functionalisation
- RNA-based sensors
- Functional and structural charactisation of nucleases and protein complexes
Hereby you have the chance to gain knowledge in the fields of:
- Cloning, protein expression and purification
- Handling of E. coli and B. subtilis
- In vitro transcription and handling of RNA
- Protein-activity assays
- Protein crystallisation
If interested, please send your application including a cv, academic transcript and a letter of motivation, stating why you are interested in our research to:
sabine.schneider [at] cup.lmu.de